Job Code - EC0788
Job Role Product Development Engineer - Power
Resume to: Jobs@electroniccareers.com
Reports to Director – R&D US
Our client is a global supplier of custom interconnect and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse customer base includes automotive, telecom, industrial and consumer electronics suppliers worldwide. The technologies include stamping, molding, plating, etching, skiving, drawing and assembly of precision parts. The company has a strategic vision to expand its product development capabilities and
is looking for the brightest and most creative individuals to help accomplish this vision.
• The Product Development Engineer - Power will have development engineering responsibility to support internal and customer collaboration on power busbar, and interconnection-based design efforts. The role will provide technical support on new design, thermal and structural analysis, materials, and coating selection, DFMEA, DFM and DFA etc. Internally, the Product Development Engineer will engage with the PPD and TIC teams to present solutions on product design and new concepts.
• The successful candidate will be comfortable working on Product Development Concurrent Engineering Teams, responsible to meet program timelines, and enjoy developing products that combine mechanical, electrical and electronic technologies that depend on a high degree of electro-mechanical design skill level.
Detailed Description • Initiation of new product concepts from Customer Specifications or for internal Marketing initiatives.
• Assisting Sales by performing Customer Specification Reviews, developing Product Requirements based on Customer Specs, and performing customer technical presentations of new product proposals.
• Developing application concepts for customer proposals, turning concepts into product designs. Creating and maintaining Product Mechanical and Electro- Mechanical DFMEA.
• Creating 3D models and 2D drawings. Adhering to Product Release, Design and PDM guidelines. Performing and/or working with Analysis engineers to conduct computer simulations such as FEA, Thermal, and Tolerance stacks. Support, review Mold Flow and perform Mold Fill analysis.
• Staying current with the latest Connector System market trends, manufacturing processes and product technologies, developing new technologies as required.
• Participating in and/or leading concurrent engineering teams. For some projects maintaining project schedules, action lists, facilitating team meetings, communicating with Suppliers and other functional disciplines, and communicating with Customer technical counter-parts. Adhering to IATF-16949
Quality Plan procedures
• Assisting with creation of DVP&R validation plans, overseeing and performing validation testing, reviewing and writing test reports, providing Engineering disposition/conclusion.
• Trouble shooting performance or manufacturing issues on new designs, determining root cause. Assisting with root cause analysis on field issues.
• Training/assisting less experienced engineers regarding technologies, engineering tools, project management.
• Develop and own high-power applications and technologies in support of customer needs and technology trends.
• Partner with the product management team to guide product line strategy and direction.
Other Specifications • This role will require about 10% traveling domestically and some international travel.
• Flexible schedule is required to balance communication and partnerships in different time zones and globally.
Basic Qualifications • BSME or BMME (or equivalent) with min 10 years connector or automotive power transmission design and test experience.
• Work experience in the connector business including high-power systems design, thermal and structural analysis, CAD 3-D design (Solidworks, ePDM preferred), design for manufacturability, and design to cost.
• Experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, statistical tolerance analysis, 6 sigma, 8D problem solving.
• Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Familiar with automotive Product Development processes. Prefer APQP and IATF-16949 QMS experience.
• Knowledge of typical automotive environmental and reliability requirements (typical example: GM 3172).
• Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes including: progressive stamping, molding, automatic assembly and automatic inspection.
• Experience in the EV automotive industry with battery connection, Fuel Cells, inverters, and propulsion motors.
• Proven product development background to provide design and DFM feedback.
• Demonstrated business acumen.
Preferred Qualifications • Busbar, battery interconnect, high current / high voltage, dielectric materials, pulse current, contact physics, EMI shielding knowledge and design experience.
• Operations and manufacturing background a plus.
Qualified Candidates submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org