Job Code - EC0902
We are seeking; Senior Design Engineer(s). Chico, CA and Cleveland Ohio. High Speed cable and connectors assemblies.
The position reports to Vice President of Engineering, and is crucial in supporting Sales, Manufacturing, and Quality to help establish and build relationships and trust by solving problems and exceeding Customersí achievements of The Company.
Relocation assistance is provided for the right candidate.
- 5 - 10 years of experience designing and industrializing high-speed connector and cable assembly solutions
- Familiarity with new product introduction and industrialization
- Collaboration in simultaneous engineering teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and development of new connectors and cable assemblies based on Voice of Customer
- Create required drawings for external and internal customers in Solid Works
- Leader of the New Product Introduction team for assigned projects
- Lead a team of support engineers to transfer products from concepts to production for assigned projects with specifications and test plans
- Work on continuous improvement /special projects to improve efficiency for building of connectors and assemblies
- Responsible for ensuring the final design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with vendor, Customers, shop personnel and others as necessary
- Design, trouble shoot, analyze design problems and develop new tooling as necessary for the new and existing products
- Designs and details tools for making components or for assembly
- Support quality team as necessary to improve testing processes
- Bachelorís Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Physics or related.
- Experience in connector design and qualification.
- Experience with CAD tools such as ProE, Solid Works and Ansys is required.
- Experience of other analytical tools is a plus
- Proven project management track record on several development projects
- Three to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Understanding of regulatory approvals
- Full Benefits including HSA and 401K match. Bonus and Cost-of-Living increase. Salary commensurate with experience
Only Permanent Resident and full-time employees eligible
Resume to: Jobs@electroniccareers.com