Job Code - EC0929
Process Engineer - Los Angeles - Components
The Process Engineer will be responsible for operating and improving process operation and equipment. This will include running diagnostics, performing material and process analysis, and designing and implementing improvements in processes. This position involves the setup of new production systems, development of processes on these system, and continual upkeep of these systems. The Process Engineer will plan and conduct experiments along with providing summaries of experimental results. The position will interface with equipment, parts, and consumable vendors to procure necessary items. The Process Engineer will provide training to colleagues on procedures that are developed.
2+ years experience in material processing, chemical processing, and/or semiconductor / capacitors processing (preferred). More extensive experience is desirable.
• Experience with handling of hazardous chemicals.
• Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or related field.
• Hands-on mechanical and analytical experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on process improvement procedures.
• Knowledge of FMEA, Lean and Six Sigma Principles is desirable but not required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English.
1. Supports, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence, and processes in the manufacture of final product. Uses projects to improve safety, efficiency and quality of various manufacturing processes.
2. Observes the starting, running, and upgrading of manufacturing processes to maximize productivity without sacrificing quality requirements. May work closely with an outside vendor to set up new equipment.
3. Designs, installs, and commissions new production processes and tools. Hands-on knowledge and design experience is utilized daily. May also document applications and set up for future needs. May draft technique cards or other user instructions.
4. Creates work instructions and other associated process documentation following documented procedures. May update existing documents and follow change order and revision control requirements.
5. Makes sure that all production personnel correctly understand new processes or any changes in processes. May train production operators on new processes as are developed and solve problems at the user level to ensure ease of use and accuracy.
Resume to: Jobs@electroniccareers.com
This position may require exposure to information subject to US Export Control regulations, i.e.: the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of US regulations.