Job Code - EC0933
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer – Tool and die
Southern CA ( relocation paid )
Stamped automotive components ( connectors )
Working closely with Corporate design, business development and sales team members, develops initial cost estimates for new products.
Develops, documents, and implements overall manufacturing plans for new products and existing products to ensure all cost and quality objectives are achieved in compliance with l quality system requirements.
• Establishes and documents initial product and equipment cost studies.
• Actively participates in and is responsible for setup, tryout and validation of newly developed production equipment and processes.
• Actively participates in and is responsible for dies, molds, vision systems, die sensors, press auxiliary equipment, washing/cleaning systems, assembly lines, automation systems.
• Actively participates in and may lead the support of existing production programs
• Technical advisor for internal and external stakeholders which includes customers, suppliers and all internal departments as required.
• Research specify and justify production equipment and assist in supplier selection.
• Prepares drawings and develops tooling for manufacturing processes.
• Works with customers in the design and dimensioning of product to optimize its function and its manufacturability. .
Education and/or Experience: BS in mechanical engineering and or 5 to 7 years practical manufacturing engineering experience with automotive connectors or stamped components
Electrical interconnect experience
Working knowledge standard assembly and/or manufacturing techniques
Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma philosophy –
Knowledge of plastic molded part design, mold design and construction techniques and molding processes and troubleshooting
Working knowledge of progressive dies and metal stampings, part design, die design and construction techniques and stamping processes and troubleshooting
Ability to interpret geometric tolerancing techniques of engineering drawings relating to tooling and equipment design
Resume to: email@example.com