Job Code - EC0943
Quality Manager Connector and Cable Assemblies ( Medical )
A world class connector and cable assembly manufacturer that prides itself on supporting our customers with the ability to design & produce custom interconnect systems for a variety of industries (Medical, Automotive, Industrial, Aviation, Military, and Commercial).
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Engineering, or related discipline
• One year work experience or a Master’s Degree in lieu of experience
• Previous experience in connector / cable assembly industry a plus
• Medical industry experience is a plus
Competent in the following areas:
• Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions Management
• Knowledge of statistical problem solving methodology (Six Sigma preferred)
• Process Documentation
• Process Control Plans
• Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Production Qualification
• GR&R’s & Capability Studies
• Previous experience within ISO 9001 / 13485 quality management system a plus
• Understanding of IPC-A-610 / IPC-A- 620 a plus
• Experience with Verification and Validation activities throughout the New Product Introduction process a plus
Responsibilities as Quality Manager
1. Oversee inspection activities and personnel performing them
2. Oversee Manufacturing Quality Engineers and tasks they are performing
3. Interpret blueprint drawings, evaluate tolerances
4. Lead the continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing
5. Play a key role in new product transfer into manufacturing from the quality side
6. Oversee corrective and preventive action investigations
7. Develop quality assurance plans or process control procedures that will ensure that production of finished products meets quality specifications and standards
8. Develop, implement and audit control plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions
9. Establish and participate in supplier qualification / development activities to ensure that products meet design and manufacturing requirements as part of the Supplier Quality program.
10. Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Use Six Sigma methodology and tools to solve complex problems. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Lean System.
11. Lead / support cross-functional teams in the execution and reporting of quality improvement projects with a focus on overall process improvements, scrap reduction and supplier quality improvement.
Resume to: Jobs@electroniccareers.com