Job Code - EC1004
The Strategic Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers for all of Bel. Assigned to three to five named customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Director of Sales.
Technical Job Functions
• Maintain a high level of industry and technical expertise.
• Enlists the support of product management, technical support, engineering and other sales and management resources as needed.
• Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
• Works closely with Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
• Experience and knowledge to understand the customers’ customer or be able to look beyond the initial opportunity by linking thoughts to create bigger solutions than the customer initially knows they need by understanding their customers’ needs
• Provides progressive and results-oriented leadership and processes in the areas of channel management, channel segmentation, and establishment of channel growth programs. Successful strategies require proactive collaboration with various stakeholders such as channel partners, sales organization, marketing organization, and division staff.
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
• Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
• Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
Education and Experience (Qualifications)
• Bachelor’s level degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering, MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
• 7 years related experience in industrial sales or OEM sales/marketing with focus on business development.
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and experience with MRP database analysis tools required
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Resume to; Jobs@electroniccareers.com